Monday, October 29, 2012

Big Bite Out of the Big Apple

 
So many stories to tell about my trip to the Big Apple! So let's start at the begining.
 
The trip started out with music and laughter!
We had an incredible view of the city from our room.
 
 
 
This first night we saw Wicked!!! The talent involved in the production of this left me speechless!
We also saw, "The Lion King."  Incredible!
 
This is the view of the stage. For some reason the picture is too dark
We had dinner at a really high class place called Hurley's.
 
Nice view from our dinning table.
 
The Staten Island Ferry Tour.
We walked the Brooklyn Bridge all the way to Chinatown!
No shopping this trip! Just walking and sight seeing,
Yeah! I made it and not tired at all. Still ready to walk Times Square. Here are some of the sights of the night.
This is the "Naked Indian" he use to be the "Naked Cowboy." It must be a franchise now because there are other "Naked People" on the streets.
This is the new "Naked Cowboy." They are not really naked, they have on underwear.
"Naked ???"
Another cowboy.
I looked for Tom but did not see him.
This one came up to me, gave me a hug, reminded me to vote for Obama then asked for me for a tip.
I quickly lost my smile.
My friend Mike Wade's name will be up in lights in Times Square one day!
Congrats on your win this weekend.
My favorite candy so of course I had to go into the M&M store.
This young man pulled money out of his pocket and then he put it in the box to give people hint of what they should do! Scammer!!!
The NYPD came by and told him to move along.
 
I felt pretty safe in NYC, cameras are always watching.
 
There was a parade of cars. They bounced and lifted. I heard someone in the crowd say, "very west coast," I said, "very stupid."
I was not sure what this one used on his face and body but he did look like a walking statue.
 We toured grounds of 9/11.
The story behind this tree is haunting. This tree survived the towers falling on it and as you can tell the tree is now protected by ropes. This tree stood I believe between the two towers. IT SURVIVED PEOPLE!
Notice the trees around it are turning yet it is staying green. A police officer and bomb
dog are close by.
Someone left flowers at the base of the green tree.
Flowers left on the ground at ground zero.
This is the South Tower Reflecting pool. From what I understand each pool is the exact size of the base of the buildings that fell. Water runs constantly through each.
Names inscribed around each pool of those that died.
This is the freedon tower. Completion is near. It towers above all other buildings.
South reflection pool.
 
This is the hat of a fireman who did not survive. He was running in when everyone else was running out.
Policeman who guard the entrance of 9/11. Now you guys know I love the police!
 I hope this memorial provides some comfort to those family and friends who are left behind. It provided me comfort as an American.
Top of "The Rock" 67 floors high!
I am so proud of my Cannon EOS. Great pictures huh?
 
Sunday we got our Praise on at the Brooklyn Tabernacle.
Did you guys know Bobby can out eat a 400lb linebacker?
Well you do now.
 
 
Goodbye New York and Batman!
 
Goodbye Junior's Cheesecake!
Goodbye Besties! I love you all! I am so sad to say goodbye. Kathy why are you not in this picture?
I will post another one....
There's my girl Kathy!
Now I will leave you with bus antics. We had to keep ourselves occupied for 7 hours.
Remember, what happens in New York, stays in New York.
 
 
 
 
In His love and peace.........................amy
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment