This past 7 days has been terrible. After a wonderful vacation the nightmare began with my GS Millie losing use of her back legs at a rest stop on the VA/TN border. After a week of meds she is some better, but her back legs still wabble and turn inward. After much research online I have concluded that she might have spinal degeneration. I will continue to do my best for her and try to keep my girl going as long as I can focusing on quality of life.
Last Wed I was told I needed a breast biopsy as they found several areas that "just looked funny" on the mammogram and follow up ultrasound. I also found out it would be two weeks until the surgeon could see me. TWO WEEKS! "Lady, you don't understand, this is a mental hell." You see, I was a hospice nurse for 11 years and have a tendency to focus on the bad or termial side of breast cancer.
Today, I was able to see that surgeon due to a cancelation and THANKFULLY can put it all behind me. The areas are something called adeomas which will need to be watched but she was not concerned. I have a follow up appointment June 22 to have them remeasured.
I must say I have been given the best care with Martha Jefferson Health Care System. If you have a history of or family history of breast cancer in your family I highly recommend the Breast Care Specialists here. I have met a lot of docs in my nursing career and NEVER have I been provided such compasionate care. I thank God that he positioned me in their hands.
Thanks prayer warriors for praying for me to get a good report.
Here is to the survivors and those who lost to the battle of breast cancer.
Please schedule a mammogram today.
PLEASE
In His big hands...............................amy


No comments:
Post a Comment