Wednesday, April 4, 2012

OK.....I was sicker than I thought!

I did not write about Sunday or Monday's events because it was too painful for me to relive and too gross for me to write about, but it really affected my body. After finishing Saturday's 10K I was fine. AJ and I went out to eat and even shopped afterward. Saturday was wonderful! I had reached a goal that I had set for myself. Actually, I really did not feel a strain from the run.

 But, Sunday morning at 2am I was awakened with a terrible stomach virus and a high fever that lasted until Monday night. I  am just getting back to feeling normal today. So, I thought it would be a good day to start training for our next event, "The Wicked Bottom 5K".  I mean, it is only 3.2 miles, pretty easy, right? NOT!! I struggled to run 2 miles. I mean gosh, I am OUT OF SHAPE! In four days. Well, I  know I need to hydrate, not to sound gross but I am peeing brown and have lost 5lbs since Saturday.  I guess I should not expect my body to run, period. So, my plan for the rest of the week is to eat clean and drink, drink, drink.

If you are interested in running the Wicked Bottom here is the info:

Run the Wicked Bottom!
Come on out for the 3rd Annual Wicked Bottom 5K and experience the fun everyone had last year!
The run starts from the lush grounds of Old House Vineyards. Passing the rows of vines and following the gravel road, runners will hop across Old Stevensburg Road and bound into one of Culpeper's little secrets - Lenn Park. The trail will wind along the border of the park property in view of Mountain Run Creek, then loop back ending at the vineyards. The course is fairly level with only a few short hills and with luck, you may catch a glimpse of wildlife.
Awards will be provided to the overall male/female finishers, and to 1st - 3rd place finishers in 11 different age groups of: 14 and under, 15-19,20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, and 60+.
Don't forget the kids! A 1/2-mile fun run through the vineyards will be held prior to the start of the 5K.
Wait! If interested, there will be free massage by Holly Brim, CMT (she is already booked) and Karen Backman will be offering Yoga after the race for your relaxation and to help stretch out those tight muscles.

Also, the vineyard will be providing wine tastings throughout the day.
NEW!! The first 100 participants are guaranteed an event TECHNICAL t-shirt. So register early! (those registered by 4/6 will be guarenteed thier size)


In his hydrating hands......................amy

No comments:

Post a Comment