Now I know this little monster doesn’t look THAT appealing. Trust me, I was super skeptical too, I mean, who really wants to drink something that resembles a blended up combination of Shrek and Mike Wazowski, but the health benefits outweighed my negative thoughts and inner gag reflex, so I gave it a try.The Green Monster is now a regular part of my morning. The benefits of downing one of these a day is ridiculous! Chia seeds are the richest plant-sourced Omega-3′s! This smoothie is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. I challenge you to give it a try, just once… I promise, you’ll be hooked after your first sip!
First throw a handfull of baby spinach into the blender.
Make sure you buy organic spinach. Do Not eat blended up chemicals.
Next is 1/2 of a frozen banana. You can do a whole banana if you like but I try to watch my carbs.
Next I put in 2 tbsp of PB2 or regular peanut butter.
One cup of chocolate Almond Breeze ( box), I do not like the refrigerated kind.
One scoop of cha-cha-chia! This is my new addition to The Green Monster.
Truvia or some kind of sweetner of your choice.
Blend for 3 minutes or so in the blender making sure all of the spinach leaves are completely disintegrated.
Mmmmmmm.................drink up!
I use the following recipe for mine:
ReplyDelete2c organic spinach
1/4 c frozen pinapple
1/4 c frozen mango
1/4 c frozen strawberries
1c of pomegranate green tea
Blend for approx 1m in my ninja!