Monday, March 26, 2012

Lazy Sunday ended shaking, rattling and rolling.

Don't ya love a lazy Sunday? AJ and I ate and slept a lot. I felt like my body needed a nice recovery day and I took advantage of the cloudy, cool day and rested. But first we wanted a carby, high fat breakfast and ended up at IHOP. I ordered the multigrain pancakes and fake eggs. Yuck to the eggs and yum to the pancakes. I used sugar free pancake syrup instead of the real maple syrup and it was really good.
AJ had the high cholesterol meal and enjoyed every minute of it.
The rest of our Sunday we spent laying around in bed reading the Washington Post looking for a room to rent until we can move.
I am so glad we napped and rested most of the day because at 11:21pm we had a significant aftershock of 3.1. Since the earthquake AJ and I have kept a floor fan running at night trying to prevent a night wake up call but unfortunately this aftershock was louder than the fan and we were shaking, rattling and rolling. I ended up staring at the clock until 2am at which point I finally decided I was not going to die by the house caving in.

AJ and I are coming down to our last training days for the 10K run. We did an easy 3 miles today and will run again on Wed or Thurs. A special shout out to our friend Terri Templeton for guiding us these last days. I had no idea how to train. I am getting pretty nervous. Look how many people ran last year.

I want to leave you with a health tip I heard on Dr. Oz. I am trying to cut down on my soda intake especially the artificial sweetner. He recommended mixing your soda with club soda 1/2 and 1/2 ratio thus cutting your soda intake in half and it is really good. Actually refreshing!


In His love and grace................................amy



No comments:

Post a Comment