Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Race Day Etiquette

AJ and I have run 12 miles this week. I know some people may say that is nothing but it is a big accomplishment for us. Today's run was torture in it's purist form. Everything I had hurt and my nose was so stuffed up I could barely breath which brings me to a topic I have read about but never understood why anyone one would blow a "snot rocket" until today. Yes, you read that right. This is an actual running term and I found etiquette on such an activity. The excerpt was taken from an article "Blowing Your Nose While Running." September 2009.
" Race day etiquette suggests you do a couple of things as the nose blow’er. First thing, check to your left and to your right and immediately behind you before you launch a snot rocket. If there is someone behind you please make sure they are at least 3-4 strides behind so that they don’t run through the mist of your nose blow. If you are crowded in during a highly populated race, then you can always take the sleeve of your shirt and blow/wipe accordingly."
Not to worry guys, I will never blow a snot rocket. I am too much of a lady....wink, wink. Though the thought crossed my mind during today's run.
In His love and grace....amy

No comments:

Post a Comment